The Pageant Wagon Inspiration . . .
Pageant Wagons brought light and literacy
into a dark and illiterate era of history.
When they rolled into town,
everyone STOPPED! For a Story . . .
. . . These horse drawn, portable stages overflowed
with all manner of costuming, masks, and props;
the tools of the trade for the story merchant.
Pageant Wagons performed Miracle, Mystery and Morality plays about the life of Christ, saints, and allegorical stories applying biblical principles in everyday life. For most, this was the only Bible to which people of the day had access—acting out God’s Word.
Professional actors and select clergy involved the whole population of the town in these colorful storytelling festivals. Men, women, and children of all ages freely participated in this interactive feast of entertainment and instruction, expressing the joy of creative living and lessons learned in God, good things, and beauty.
The Pageant Wagon was a ray of light and literacy in a dark and illiterate era of history. Restoring literacy to the people brought learning to the masses, and the Word of God into the hands of hungry multi-generational disciples.
The crucial part pageant wagons played in the restoration of literacy and learning throughout Western Europe in the dark ages has been the inspiration behind the performance and speaking programs of Pageant Wagon Productions since 2004.
In 2014, Pageant Wagon Productions expanded into print media as an independent publisher—Pageant Wagon Publishing—featuring the works of enrichment artist and storyteller, Kathryn Ross.
Kathryn “Miss Kathy” Ross is a writer, speaker, and storyteller inspired by the stillness of birdsong, silent reflection, antiques, and teatime. She filters her love of history, classic literature, and the arts through God’s Word, to inform her words. An engaging personality with a splash of old world elegance, topped off with a vintage hat, distinguishes her captivating stage presence. Timeless truths leap from the page and podium as she ministers literacy and Christian living principles in schools, churches, libraries, women’s groups, community events, retreats, and conferences. She inspires young and old to pursue God’s goodness and beauty in their lives.
Trained in Principle Approach® Education through the Foundation for American Christian Education, Miss Kathy previously taught in Christian and home school settings. Drawing from years of theatrical experience and her passion for the written and spoken word, she performs enrichment programs teaching aspects of classic literature, history, Bible, and the arts in varied venues.
Miss Kathy is the author/owner of Pageant Wagon Publishing, producing a host of her original stories, devotional works, teaching materials, and theatrical plays for use in churches, schools, or for individual enrichment. To illustrate truth, she designs story worlds spanning the likes of an idyllic English country village to a Wild West gold rush town filled with classic old world charm and traditional family values. Miss Kathy’s inspirational works are created for multi-generational audiences. She believes interactive teaching and learning begins in the home as a family—all ages, all at the same time—and seeks to provide instructional and creative tools to the purpose.
- Our Mission, like the medieval theatrical storytelling pageant wagons of old, is to bring the Miracle, Mystery, and Morality of biblical truth to society through the power of story. The books and mentoring products of Pageant Wagon Publishing are a ray of light in contemporary dark times, restoring literacy for families ~ reading together, learning together, loving together ~ all good things and beauty through inspired faire words and life application insights.
- Our Speaking Programs feature Kathryn Ross, author and speaker, igniting a love of literature and learning to target the heart and spirit addressing family audiences and women’s groups. She explores the presence and glory of God in our lives connecting God’s Word to classic literature, history, and the arts. Through the power of storytelling, she inspires women to walk in their Godly purpose and revel in sanctuary living, drawing near to the Lord.
- Our Book & Blog Publications include high concept picture books, reader’s theatre Bible studies, and the NEW in 2017 Questers Curriculum Enrichment materials for homeschool and family literacy. Look for regular blog posts and useful content on writing and creative communication, inspirational topics, and devotional reflection, in addition to books, conference/retreat speaking, and podcasts.
- Our Drama Publishing Services provide churches, schools, and community theatre groups with quality dramas suitable for all ages. Featured genres include Bible dramas, old-fashioned American melodrama, history re-enactments, holiday programs, and more, available at affordable royalty fees.
- Our Author Showcase Book Recommendations for Family Literacy Lifestyles features Miss Kathy’s recommended reading of works published by authors old and new to enhance your personal libraries or make great gifts for readers you love. The Author’s Showcase is in the drop-down menu under Books. Affiliate llinks to more information and purchase options on Amazon are included.
Click on the Books and Drama Scripts tabs above to learn more about Miss Kathy’s latest publications to equip the family, church, women’s groups, homeschool, and Christian classroom with family literacy and discipleship tools.
Kathryn Ross blogs weekly and podcasts original stories monthly at The Writer’s Reverie, in addition to literacy and books related Blog posts on the tab above, right here at Pageant Wagon Publishing. Our Monthly Storytelling PODCAST @ The Writer’s Reverie features performance storyteller, Kathryn Ross presenting entertaining, informative, and inspirational, audio programs for family listening. Check out the PODCAST ARCHIVE and tune in to The Writer’s Reverie Podcast for enrichment to your family literacy lifestyle–for all ages, all at the same time! Here’s a sample from Miss Kathy: